The Power Indy Forward coalition came together in 2014 to demand that Indianapolis Power & Light stop burning coal in Marion County.
We won and Indy now has the cleanest air it has had in generations.
Lets Get Trained Up for Round 2 This Saturday! Join us!
The Midwest Institute, one of the nation's best community organizing trainers, will be leading a training this Saturday at Christian Theological Seminary . We will focus on how Power Indy Forward coalition partners, old and new, can build power to win more accountability from IPL and more justice for our community.
- Cleaning up the Coal Ash Mess at Harding Street
- Not Investing Tens of Millions of Our Dollars in the dirty and dangerous Petersburg Coal Plant
- Increasing Low-Income and Senior Citizen Programs
- Better and More Sincere Energy Efficiency Efforts
- Increased Commitment to Solar and Renewable Energy
- Stopping Attacks on Net Metering and Other Environmental Mandates
For instance, Indianapolis Power & Light now wants to put $100 million of customer's money into its Petersburg Coal Plant, one of the nation's worst water polluters -- #3 in arsenic and #5 in lead pollution dumped into the White River in southern Indiana. That is money that will be leaving Indianapolis and headed to try and fix up and old and polluting coal pant--when that money should be used to start building the renewable energy system of the future.
WHEN September 24, 2016 at 9am - 3pm
1000 W 42nd St
Media Classroom #168
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Google map and directions