Part-Time Program Manager Announcement
Hoosier Interfaith Power and Light (H-IPL)
Applications and nominations should be submitted electronically no later than October 20, 2017, to johndane@Hoosieripl.org. Please include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
A PDF of this job announcement can be downloaded here.
Part-Time Program Manager Announcement Indianapolis-based - Hoosier - Interfaith Power and Light
Hoosier Interfaith Power and Light (H-IPL) is Indiana’s faith-based organization for creation care. We connect with individuals, congregations, and other faith-based communities to forge creative partnerships for energy conservation with an emphasis on increasing solar and other renewable energy.
The part-time Program Manager directs H-IPL’s various programs to aid religious congregations in their creation care efforts as H-IPL leads Indiana faith communities in responding to the global climate crisis.
The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director and works closely with other staff members, the Board of Directors, the Board Program Committee, and other volunteers to achieve H-IPL’s program goals. The Program Manager functions as both a visionary and a connector, able to see gaps in our program offerings and to work with others to fill those gaps, as well as to assure the forward momentum and smooth operation of new programs once established. The Program Manager sets the pace of hopeful, active, collaborative, and big-tent engagement for Indiana’s faith communities.
Attributes and Skills
To the extent feasible, the Program Manager shall exhibit a strong mix of these attributes and skills:
- A person of faith who can articulate connections between faith and the moral issues surrounding climate change; passionate about combating climate change;
- Conversant in interfaith dialogue with a wide variety of faith traditions;
- A skillful manager of programs and volunteers, and a willing collaborator with others;
- A skilled communicator whether in writing, public speaking, or social media;
- A well-organized, efficient, and effective self-starter, available to travel to meet with constituents across the state, host videoconferences and writing and editing newsletter articles;
- A networker who can strengthen H-IPL’s ties with denominations, geographical regions, congregations, and partner organizations;
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred.
The Program Manager, along with the Program Committee of the Board, shall create, oversee and nurture H-IPL’s work in several broad areas:
- Affiliate development
- Energy conservation and renewable energy
- Environmental Justice