H-IPL works carefully in matters of advocacy, understanding that not all of those associated with H-IPL will want to engage in this aspect of earth care. Individuals and congregations choose if, when, and where they enter into advocacy. As relevant issues arise, H-IPL:
- works with clergy and faith groups to mobilize clergy in speaking up together and in generating op-ed articles and media coverage;
- participates in affecting regulatory policies that relate to energy efficiency, energy conservation, and renewable energy.
We advocate based on sound and credible science.
Here is some helpful reading:
- Mapping Sustainable Economy
- Ideas for Sustainable Economies and Businesses
- Sustainable Economy Solutions
- Jobs and a Sustainable Economy
Justice, Poverty, and Equity
- Tasks of Urban Environment Beautification
- How the City Hurts Your Brain and What You Can Do About It
- City Parks Bringing Urban Centers Back to Life
Here are the IPL advocacy resources.