Hoosier Interfaith Power & Light’s Program to Help Your Congregation “Walk the Talk” of Creation Care
People of faith seek to live as good stewards of creation, beginning with their own buildings. But it can be hard to “walk that talk” with older facilities, lean budgets, and a fixed pool of volunteers.
Hoosier Interfaith Power & Light offers Using Energy Prudently to help guide you through the process of becoming a congregation that both teaches and lives environmental stewardship.
Using Energy Prudently will help your congregation to …
- Improve your building’s energy efficiency
- Live out your values by caring for creation
- Practice what you preach about good stewardship
- Spend less on utilities and more on your mission
Our Using Energy Prudently Guide offers congregations a clear path to reducing energy use and saving money. Congregations canparticipate in a variety of ways. Some congregations focus on the easier steps that can be taken immediately; others plunge into the more challenging steps that require more time and investment. The good news is that you and your congregation can begin practically anywhere.
SPIRAL-BOUND COPIES OF THE UEP GUIDE ARE AVAILABLE!
To order yours, contact Trisha Tull.
Find More Info from Using Energy Prudently:
- Join Using Energy Prudently Congregations
- Using Energy Prudently Acclaimed Congregations
- Energy Stewards
- Using Energy Prudently Workshops and Materials
- Using Energy Prudently at Home
- Leaves of Faith
- Household Energy Survey
- Task of the Month
- Renewable Energy for Congregations
- More Energy Conservation Resources
- Congregational Affiliation sign-up
- UEP Congregation sign-up
- Energy Stewards set-up form
- Leaves of Faith sign-up
- Household Energy Conservation Survey sign-up
- Task of the Month: individual sign-up
- Task of the Month: congregational sign-up
- Task of the Month: multiple member sign-up
- Application for UEP Acclaimed Congregation